Werner continues to grow its power only network in 2022. We’re passionate about providing a premium experience to the alliance carriers that we work with. As a company that puts drivers first, we want to ensure our power only program is meeting our carriers’ needs.
Therefore, our team wanted to take a moment and answer the most common questions we receive on social media about Werner’s power only program.
Why should a carrier consider power only?
Power only trucking leverages a carrier’s power unit plus Werner’s asset capabilities. This solution can save your business time and money because, as a Werner power only carrier, you have access to consistent, year-round drop and hook freight and a network of 24,000 trailers. This means no more searching for freight, and you don’t have to worry about the cost of purchasing or maintaining trailers.
What sets Werner’s power only program apart?
At Werner, you have a single point of contact that will assist you and your team with any needs that you may have. If your driver breaks down at three o’clock in the morning, the Werner team has your back.
Werner Enterprises was founded by CL Werner, a 19-year-old entrepreneur with a ford gasoline-powered truck and dream. With that in mind, Werner respects and values professional drivers and wants to help the small businesses we work with grow.
What areas of the country can I run in, and how much home time can drivers get?
- Werner’s dedicated opportunities provide consistent origins and destinations. Drivers are home regularly, which means they could possibly be home each night.
- With our regional option, drivers are able to stay in the region of their choice and are home weekly.
- Over the Road (OTR) is 48-state and long-haul, where drivers would be on the road for two weeks at a time.
What are your rates?
At Werner, we pay our carriers rate per mile. The best way to find out the rate is to reach out to your dedicated capacity representative since these rates may change over time.
To become a carrier for Werner, how old does your authority need to be?
We require that you have at least 60 days of authority.
What type of payment options do you offer?
To support today’s carriers and their unique needs, Werner offers the following payment options:
- Standard 30-day pay
- Quick Pay-1.5% of the total invoice for payments within five days
- 40% advance pay at confirmation of pickup
- All payment options can be made a paper check or direct deposit at no extra cost
How do I pick up the first trailer?
After you go through the onboarding process, we will connect you with our power only team to work through all the details.
How do I get started?
We’d love for you to join our power only network! Get in touch with our team today.