Werner proudly hosted our annual Transportation Forum on July 16-17, with more than 300 attendees including valued customers and key suppliers. This is an event we look forward to every year because it gives us the opportunity to spend time with this amazing group and build valuable connections. New this year, we offered a virtual livestream option giving the opportunity for attendees to tune in from around North America.
We were delighted to bring in a distinguished lineup of speakers who shared relevant insights and future outlooks. The Forum encouraged active participation from attendees through Q&A sessions and networking opportunities. Participants had the chance to engage with speakers, panelists, and fellow industry professionals to exchange ideas, share best practices and build valuable connections.
- Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of American Trucking Associations, Bob Costello, kicked off the presentations with transportation and economic updates including:
- Economic breakdowns of the three big sources of truck freight: household consumption/retail; construction; and factory and industrial
- Inflation and interest rates
- Trucking supply and demand trends
- Werner’s Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Nathan Meisgeier, moderated an esteemed panel with Vikram Mansharamani, founder and president of Kelan Advisors and Werner Board of Director; Srikanth Padmanabhan, president of Cummins Engines; and Jeff Silver, founder of Mastery Logistics Systems, that delved into key trends shaping the transportation industry. They discussed an array of topics ranging from battery electric vehicles, innovation, government regulations and recommendations for the future. Watch their segment beginning at 1:11 here.
- Werner’s Chairman, President and CEO, Derek Leathers, provided industry thoughts during the Forum and announced Werner’s new digital platform, Werner Bridge. Werner Bridge, powered by EDGE, provides a seamless experience for shippers and carriers through instant quotes, an easy booking process and enhanced shipment visibility. The platform is currently going through a controlled release, with plans for a full platform launch as early as the fourth quarter. Hear more from Derek beginning at 2:07 here.
Making a Difference in the Community
One of Werner’s core values is community, where we strive to make a difference in the communities in which we serve. Extending this value to the Forum, attendees capitalized on charitable donation opportunities during their time in Omaha. Together, more than $500,000 was raised and will be invested into charities helping those who need it most around basic needs and mental health.
Thank you again to everyone who joined us for the 2023 Werner Transportation Forum both in-person and virtually. A special thanks to our event sponsors and all who contributed to the event’s success.
‘Save the Date’ for next year’s Forum, July 14-15, 2024.