Truck Driving School
If you are looking for a job with stability, great pay, and other perks, becoming a truck driver is a smart choice. Not only does becoming a truck driver allow you to see the country while making lots of money, but it can be a very rewarding field as well. If you are interested in becoming a professional truck driver, read below to learn more about how to get a CDL and attend a truck driving school.
How to Get Your Class A CDL
In order to be a professional truck driver, you must first acquire your CDL or Commercial Driver’s License. A Class A CDL is the most common type of professional driver’s license for those working in the truck driving field.
To obtain a CDL, you will need to pass a written exam, which tests your knowledge of general information relating to the vehicles you will be driving and the rules for driving them on the open road. Attending truck driving school allows you to sharpen your skills and ensure you are truly prepared to drive trucks as a professional.
What is CDL Training?
When it comes to being trained to earn your CDL, there are many aspects to cover. They are:
- Finding Truck Driving Schools: One of the top things you need to do to prepare to earn your CDL is attending truck driving school. Doing so will help prepare you to get your Class A CDL driver’s license in a few weeks. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to be matched with the closest CDL training school to you!
- Getting Hands-On Experience: While learning, studying written material is an important aspect of earning your CDL, but getting hands-on experience is one of the top things you will need to do to be prepared. Therefore, truck driving school includes the hands-on experience of driving a truck as well as classroom training.
- Onboarding and Advancement: Lastly, once you have earned your Class A CDL, Werner provides additional training and onboarding to teach more advanced techniques.
How Long is Truck Driving School?
On average, training takes four weeks. However, someone with zero experience should complete a minimum of 180 hours of training.
How to Choose a Truck Driving School
There are a wide variety of CDL schools that help educate and train potential drivers to earn their Class A CDL. There are many things you can do to ensure you pick the best one.
Make sure you are choosing a school that has a proven track record. This usually applies to schools that have been around for a while. Ensure there’s a mix of classroom, hands-on learning, and in-truck practice to get the experience you need.
Roadmaster Drivers School
Roadmaster’s CDL Training Program provides students with the skills to get a Class A CDL license and become eligible for entry-level commercial driver positions. Their CDL instructors are some of the best in the industry and provide the hands-on, real-life training you need for a successful career. By training with Roadmaster, you will receive the following instruction:
- Hands-on driving experience: One of the top benefits of going to Roadmaster Drivers School is that you will get much-needed hands-on experience. No matter how well you study, you will not be able to pass the road test if you have not taken the time to learn how to drive a C-Class vehicle first-hand.
- Pre-Trip Inspection training: Attending Roadmaster Drivers School will also allow you to learn about inspection requirements to ensure you are prepared to take your test.
- Turning, backing, and unhooking: You will also learn about vital maneuvers such as turning, backing, and unhooking your big rig.
- Map reading, trip planning, and compliance: You will also be able to learn about map reading, how to plan a trip properly, and how to make sure you remain in compliance with all regulations and restrictions while you are on the road.
The Roadmaster Advantage
While there are plenty of truck driving schools to choose from, enrolling with a Roadmaster school will provide you with the following benefits beyond the driving skills you learn:
- Financial Assistance: Roadmaster offers in-house financing to those who qualify to help cover the cost of tuition. Some programs that we work with may result in little or no upfront out-of-pocket money from the student.
- You may receive up to 100% tuition reimbursement for the cost of school.
- Experience: Almost 30 Years of experience training well over 150,000 professional truck drivers.
- Top-Notch Facilities and Equipment: Training with Roadmaster will provide you with access to spacious classrooms and computer labs, as well as late model automatic transmission tractors for training and specially designed field driving courses.
- Multiple Training Sites: Roadmaster has multiple CDL training schools across the country.
- Job Placement Assistance: Roadmaster works with the top truck-driving carriers in the country. All of the big trucking carriers such as Werner Enterprises hire Roadmaster graduates even while they are still in school!
Call Roadmaster at 1-800-831-1300 to get started!
Start Your Truck Driving Career at Werner
Whether you choose Werner’s own, Roadmaster Drivers School, or train with one 0f our many partner CDL training schools, you will be on your way to starting a great new career as a professional truck driver. Just fill out your information below and we will have the CDL truck driving school nearest to you contact you about starting your training. Your new career as a Professional Truck Driver at Werner Enterprises starts here!