Werner Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is a premier transportation and logistics company, with coverage throughout North America, Asia, Europe, South America, Africa and Australia. Werner maintains its global headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska and maintains offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China and Australia. Werner is among the five largest truckload carriers in the United States, with a diversified portfolio of transportation services that includes dedicated; medium-to-long-haul, regional and local van; expedited; temperature-controlled; and flatbed services. Werner’s Value Added Services portfolio includes freight management, truck brokerage, intermodal, and international services. International services are provided through Werner’s domestic and global subsidiary companies and include ocean, air and ground transportation; freight forwarding; and customs brokerage.
Chairman Clarence L. Werner founded Werner Enterprises in 1956. He started his business with one truck at the age of 19.
Werner Enterprises completed its initial public offering in April 1986 with a fleet of 630 trucks. Today, the fleet consists of more than 7,300 tractors, nearly 24,000 trailers and more than 11,500 associates and independent contractors.
The main commodities of freight transported are retail store merchandise, consumer products, manufactured products and grocery products.
To deliver value to our customers, business partners and shareholders through leading edge global supply chain solutions that exceed expectations and promote safety while we remain customer focused and asset-backed.
To be recognized as a global logistics partner providing customized supply chain solutions that manage cost, improve visibility and pursue continuous improvement throughout our customers’ network.
Werner Enterprises is known for:
- Late model equipment
- Productive, professional drivers who are safety conscious and deliver on time
- One of the lowest driver out of service (OOS) rates in the industry
- Experienced, professional management team with substantial industry and company experience
- Leadership in technology
- Innovation in paperless logging technology
- Licensed NVOCC, Freight Forwarder and U.S. Customs broker
- C-TPAT, PIP, ACE, FAST, TSA-approved Indirect Air Carrier and IATA Accredited Cargo Agent. Conducts carrier management, rating, insurance, document management and U.S. Customs clearance
- Network of more than 7,300 trucks, 10,500 alliance carriers and ocean, air and rail providers
Werner Enterprises has consistently profitable financial results and a solid financial position and is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol WERN.